Monday, April 7, 2008

Still here, not dead

So I figured I would try and start posting again, though it's fantastically difficult to do it not having posted in so long.. I suppose I'll just try and hit the high points of the last several months, given that this is the first post of 2008!

Italy! So the good Count Tosti took a bunch of us to Rome, and to his home town in Frascati, just a bit north of Rome, and boy what a trip- thank sweet zombie jesus we had someone who spoke italian with this! Also having Daniele around really helped when I was almost robbed by a tag team of gypsies about 15 minutes after arriving in Rome..=P Still, awesome trip, I thought paris was nice, but rome takes it to another level in terms of 'hey, fuck you! We're steeped in history and we have the giant marble balls to prove it!'


New year was a wash because i didn't get my passport back in time due to holding on to it for rome, but all in all worth it-! Shortly thereafter it was off to Marrakesh in Morrocco with Roubina- damn that was an awesoma powah trip as well, just like being in an indiana jones movie-!! I think this might be our favorite trip so far--!



The last little dribbles of winter were otherwise pretty uneventful, and then over easter it was back home for a week for a fantastic albeit too short trip- thankfully the week before was biblical snow storm week and the week we were back was chilly, but reasonably sunny and dry- was awesome seeing everyone again- best thing about bein' away is comin' back for the short party trips I gotta say- fit a lot of drunken stupidity in to the trip, along with some quality family time, and even a little paintball to even things out-


All in all, a great 2007, and a really promising start to 2008. Future is uncertain for later this year, but hopefully good things will keep happening... stay tuned..( *and I mean both of you..) for more updates!

No comments: